Creautre Update!

I had some feedback on my creature design;
  • More muscular 
  • Defined muscles
  • Longer tail
  • higher back
So I went back over the image and drew over the current body by adding in the elements. 

Working from this the body was elongated to allow for the larger hind legs and tail, also exposing more of the creature's stomach region. Once the basic shape was reworked, I felt the design still lacked interesting surface details so I looked at one of the animal reference books I have where I found the marine iguana which had interesting back spines and a head that seemed to have irregular patterns from the algae or sea salt. 



Working with these creatures as a reference, more details were added into the final night creature design (below):




From here the orthographics were corrected and the final elements were presented differently from the first time, as I wanted to improve and experiment with presentation techniques. Final image below:


Learned a lot doing this piece! Especially more anatomy! On to the next piece!

Popular Posts